Cities in Motion beta sign-ups now open!
Paradox Interactive has announced that the Cities in Motion open beta has begun. The open beta includes the city of Vienna and one scenario, “Part with Petrol.” While the beta is limited, the full game will include 4 cities and over 30 modes of transportation. The challenge will be to continually meet the transportation needs of the city as it develops while keeping profits up at the same time. The press release goes into further detail on Cities in Motion:
Featuring an in-depth campaign mode made up of 12 scenarios along with an open ended sandbox mode, an advanced map editor that allows players to create their own cities, plus much more, Cities in Motion will challenge players to create the perfect public transport system that has no cancellations, no delays and where the passengers are always happy!
– Explore four different cities: Vienna, Helsinki, Berlin and Amsterdam
– Engage in a campaign spread across 12 scenarios, as well as a sandbox mode where all campaign cities are playable
– Realistic 3D graphics with over 100 unique buildings
– Advanced economy simulation including contractor deals, banking, insurance and fluctuating economic trends
– Play through 100 years of transportation history across four eras between 1920 and 2020
– Use the advanced map editor to create your own cities
– Choose between over 30 different vehicles based on real-life models including buses, trams, water buses, helicopters and a subway system with underground view
– Real-time city and traffic simulation as people commute between their homes, workplace and social lives.
– Meet residents’ travel needs as seven different social groups exhibit different passenger behaviours
– Three difficulty levels – easy, medium and hard
To sign up for the beta on Fileplanet click here. The beta will run until February 20th.