The Battlefield Blog posted about the upcoming R9 patch for PC to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that will be coming tomorrow at 6AM GMT. For those wondering what time that is, that is around 1AM CST/2AM EST.
Patches will be deployed via Steam and for those not on Steam, through the in-game update manager. There will also be an offline update that will be available later in the day for those using the non-Steam versions of the game and playing offline. During 6AM – 10AM GMT, servers will be down for maintenance while they apply the patches and should be online after 10AM GMT. The inspiration for the R9 patch was apparently from the from the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 community forums thread “My Biggest Issues“, and DICE took a majority of the complaints into mind for this patch. This is probably one of the few examples of a developer giving great community-based post-release support all from fan-feedback. Below are the quoted patch notes from zh1nto of DICE:
– All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
– Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
– Blue box chat window removed
– The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World.
– 3D vision fixed.
– Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
– Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
– Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
– Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
– Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
– Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
– Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
– Slightly increased the AT4’s damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
– Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
– Increased the AT4’s splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
– Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
– Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
– Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
– Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
– Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
– Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
– Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
– Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
– Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
– Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG’s.
– Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
– Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.
[Screenshot borrowed from Frank’s Bad Company 2 review]