As a special thanks to everyone who bought Dragon Age II, you can for a limited time receive Mass Effect II for PC for free. It does not matter what system you bought the game before, just as long as you bought (or buy) it. How does this work? Well in a few easy steps, you will have a free game:
- Purchase your copy of Dragon Age II (if you do not already own one)
- Activate the Online Pass content that came with your copy of Dragon Age II (The Black Emporium)
- Start the game and log in using your EA account or create a new EA account
- Visit http://social.bioware.com/me2offer/ and log in with that EA account
- Enter your online pass code and click “Submit”. You will then be provided the code for Mass Effect II
- Open the EA Download Manager and enter the code to commence download (if you don’t have the EA Download Manager installed, it can be found here: http://www.ea.com/1/download-manager)
A couple things to note: You must allow 72 hours between time of online pass activation and submitting your online pass code. Also if you bought a used copy of Dragon Age II, you will have to purchase the online pass code. This may or may not be worth it if that is the case (what am I saying, it’s still worth it). This free game is limited to the PC release, and is a digital download. The Cerberus Network is also included, which in turn includes much of the downloadable content. This offer is available until April 30th, 11:59 PDT.