Deep Silver recently announced that they will be hosting a panel at Comic Con 2011 that is a blend of pop culture and real medical science on zombies called the “The Science of Zombies.” The panel is set to take place July 22 at 7:30p.m. The panel will consist of several creative talents and the nation’s leading medical professionals.
· Max Brooks, universal zombie expert and author of The Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks
· Haris Orkin, writer of the anticipated video game, Dead Island
· Steve Schlozman, M.D., author of The Zombie Autopsies and assistant professor of psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
· Bradley Voytek, Ph.D., Post-doctoral Fellow: Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco
· Andrew Groen, freelance journalist and editor of GamePro Magazine’s “Real Science” column
· Bruce Geryk, M.D., Resident Physician, Department of Neurosurgery, University of North Carolina Hospitals
With this panel, I think is will be a very interesting discussion! Dead Island is Deep Silver’s new upcoming zombie action RPG; which focuses heavily on melee combat. Players will be able to customize their character with a vast array of weapons. As well as play with up to four players in co-op mode. Dead Island is set to release September 6, 2011 and for a limited time with GameStop preorders are being automatically upgraded to the Special Edition. So go preorder you copy now and see if you can survive a zombie apocalypse!