Secret Base announced this morning that BiteJacker will go live on Thursday, January 20th. You can look forward to navigating your way through a hordes of zombies (some you might recognize) and bosses (who you also might recognize) with shotguns, machine guns, and armor piercing rounds (zombies wear armor?). BiteJacker has 30 levels of zombie filled goodness as well as plenty of achievements to get for you achievement whores out there. Secret Base provided us with a pass to play early, so you can expect our full review up either tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime, I leave you with the full press release:
Bitejacker : Secret Base Horror Series 01 is a top-down, twin stick-style arena shooter for fans of classic arcade games and loathers of the undead. Based on the indie game review show Bytejacker, players will help self-centered host Anthony Carboni and heroic cameraman Jon Rivera battle through endless waves of zombies, aliens and monsters as they attempt to survive the zombie apocalypse.
Along the way you’ll run into tons of familiar faces as indie heroes like Meat Boy and Commander Video join the fight. There are survivors to rescue, weapons to found, stats upgrades, and special moves to use across 30 levels, epic boss battles, and survival modes. Players will be unlocking bonuses like comic strips along the way that add to the storyline.
It’s time to splatter some undead. LET’S GO!
– Quirky humor and voice over from the original Bytejacker’s Anthony Carboni and Jon Rivera.
– Detail pixel artwork with 3 pages of unlockable comic stripe, fully painted to explain the game’s story line
– 2playable characters of different stats, weapons and moves that improves and evolves over time.
– Over30 levels of game play.
– Tons of weapons, upgradeable, monsters to be unlocked, and familiar faces to be found.
– Indie games cameos, classic games parody and horror spoof.
– Amazing audio by HyperDucks Studios.
– An army of zombies waiting to be slaughtered.
Bitejacker is developed by Secret Base, in collaboration with Bytejacker. Hope you enjoy the game!