Thanks are in order to the folks over at The Gadget Show. And to EA for giving the show a pre-release copy of Battlefield 3 and allowing this dream to become a reality. What am I referring to? Presenters Jason Bradbury and Suzi Perry brought together a team of experts to combine various technologies to create the ultimate immersive experience for fans of first person shooters. This is the teaser they released for the upcoming show that will air in the UK on Channel 5 on Monday, October 24th at 8pm.
Here’s some of the moving parts:
- portable omnidirectional treadmill (the world’s first) – move yourself, move your character
- 12 paintball markers – don’t get frisky, because you will be shot
- a wireless gun – so you can shoot the bad doods.
- Xbox Kinect hack
- ten infra-red motion tracking cameras
- 360 degree, 13′ high by 30′ wide video dome
Gamers, rejoice! This
seems to be is the dream machine. That Gamer movie with Gerald Butler can be justified as research. Our savings accounts have meaning now. Hopefully the Gadget Show will release more videos after it airs for people, including myself, that lack Channel 5. Battlefield 3 releases on October 25th, 2011. Stay frosty, my friends.
[Video via The Gadget Show.]