There used to be an embeded media player here, but it doesn't work anymore. We blame the Tumbeasts.
This past weekend at GDC, Lantana Games released a gameplay trailer for their upcoming title, Children of Liberty. The children are out to free their parents from prison and warn the countryside of the Redcoat’s pending attack. Stealth is key in this game. Each character has different weapons of choice, but it all depends on what is in their toy box. Yes, that’s right, their toy box: which could include toy swords, grappling yoyos or smoke bombs. Some toy boxes are a little more advanced than others. Features for Children of Liberty include:
- Classic, fast paced, 2D platforming in a 3D environment.
- Stealth mechanics like hiding and Takedowns let you turn the tide of battle and remain unseen.
- Traditional animation for the 21st century: Beautifully rendered, high resolution, hand drawn sprites combine seamlessly with the Unity engine’s real-time lighting and shadow capabilities to create an unparalleled visual aesthetic.
- Four distinct playable characters, including Joseph, a classic platforming hero with a Double Jump and a Toy Sword; Ally, a free-running gymnast with a knack for Slides, Kicks, and Wall Runs; Doug, a burly tank who’s not afraid to shake the ground or Tackle Redcoats; and Sarah, an adorable but deadly Colonial Ninja.
- Meet historical figures key to the birth of America, including Samuel Adams, John Hancock, Margaret Gage, and Paul Revere.
Children of Liberty will be playable at PAX East, just swing by Indie Alley to meet the team and get some hands-on time with the game.