There used to be an embeded media player here, but it doesn't work anymore. We blame the Tumbeasts.
Somewhere amidst all the knuckle-dragging boarding and headache-inducing techno of the above SSX trailer is the revelation that EA will hold in-game events featuring 100,000 players at once. The boys down in the lab tell us that that is a lot. These events will be customized, global competitions. Everything will be logged through a new social system called “Ridernet.” Players will able to like and recommend trails as well as have them voted up or down.
As you no doubt will deduce for yourself from watching the trailer, SSX players will also be able to race against their own ghosts. Finally, EA announced the following retailer-specific preorder bonuses:
- GameStop – receive legendary SSX character Eddie Wachowski, his Elite snowboard, and a bonus boost
- Origin – receive Elise’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost
- Amazon – receive Mac’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost
- Best Buy – receive Zoe’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost
- Wal-Mart – receive Kaori’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost
[Video via Electronic Arts]
[Source and Image: Joystiq]