Destructoid reported this morning that some Xbox users were getting a nasty surprise upon starting up their systems: their achievements and gamerscores were completely wiped out. The issue seems to progress the same way for all users as gauged by the posts on the Xbox forums.
- User starts up their system.
- As user loads up a game they get a message saying their Gamertag was last played on a different console.
- User acknowledges the message and starts to play the game. The first time an achievement is unlocked it will show as the only achievement on the user’s profile, regardless of whether it’s new or one that was previously unlocked.
Fortunately Microsoft is aware of the issue and has provided a fix:
1. Please sign out of Xbox LIVE, then sign back in. If your achievements are not restored after this point, please continue to the next step.
2. If that doesn’t resolve your issue, please try earning another achievement. If your achievements are not showing correctly at that point, please wait a bit, and then try again.
Alternately, if that solution doesn’t work Microsoft also suggests re-downloading your Xbox Live profile. If you’re not familiar with how to do so you can find the instructions here.
Keep Calm and Game On.