Based on win percentages in ranked games, Blizzard has announced a few of the following changes to the Zerg faction to help address balance issues:
• We’re increasing roach range. This will allow roaches to be more effective in large groups, giving the zerg more options in the mid to end game.
• Fungal Growth will now prevent Blink, which will give zerg a way to stop endlessly Blinking stalkers which can be very challenging to deal with in large numbers.
• The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.
• The reaper speed upgrade will require the Factory, which is meant to weaken a lot of the early terran reaper attacks that dominate so many matches, especially in team games.
• We’re making a number of increases to the health of zerg buildings, which will make the very vulnerable zerg technology structures more resistant to raids. We don’t expect these hit point changes to have a super significant impact on the game, but the current numbers felt way too low.
Apparently the Protoss faction has the edge when it comes to winning games versus Terrans… so that will be looked into as well. It is good to see that Blizzard is actively monitoring the ranked matches and making changes as needed.
We want our avid and talented StarCraft II players to know that we’re here, we’re listening, and that our intent is to continue making careful and measured approaches to balance based on community and fansite feedback, our numbers and data, watching pro players and tournaments, and our own time on Battle.net playing the game alongside you.
Source: Battle.Net Developer’s Blog